See What I've been tweeting

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chapter 4: Part 2: Apology Accepted

“What’s that you have here?” someone said.

 “I’m gonna be a mom,” Her voice cracked, didn’t she hear the voice behind her?
 “Isabella?” the voice said again, and again, like the first time, she ignored it “Isabella did I hear right? Did you just say that you’re going to be a mother?”
 “Yes, I’m going to be a...” she turned around, having recognized a voice she hadn’t heard in three months, she was shocked to see that it was David standing at her bathroom door. She quickly wiped the tears if joy from her eyes. “What are you doing here?”
 “I had to talk to you” David said. “Sorry if i scared you but I was calling and I heard no answer so I let myself in.”
 “Well David I have nothing to say to you, and I don’t want to hear anything from you, so I’m sorry you wasted your time.”
 “Your pregnant?” he asked, didn’t he hear what she just said?
 “That’s not your problem, as a Matter of fact; anything that happens to me should not Matter to you. You’re no longer apart of my life...”
 “Is it Mathew’s?” he interrupted, was he shielded by metal or did he just choose not to entertain her.
 “David are you deaf?”
 “Just answer the damn question Isabella, are you pregnant with my brother’s child?” he asked irritated.
 “Well I have nothing to hide, yes I’m pregnant with Mathew’s child and I’m proud of that. I love him and he loves me, he treats better than you ever did and I’m glad to be carrying his child.” She said trying to making him feel guilty.
 “I’m happy for you Isabella and I know you might not believe this but I’m really glad you found someone that makes you happy...”
 “Even if it’s your brother?”
 “Even if it’s my brother,” David chuckled. “Isabella I came here to tell you that I’m sorry I ever hurt you and I know how much you wanted our relationship to work. I just want you to know that my cheating on you had nothing to do with you. It’s an addiction I’ve been struggling with.”
 “Addiction?” Bella repeated.
 “It’s not really an addiction it more like a fear. A fear of commitment maybe, anytime I become too close to someone I end up hurting that person, it’s like a curse.”
 “Now it’s a curse.” Bella said unsympathetically. “You expect me to feel sorry for you and forgive you for what you did?”
 “No, I don’t. Isabella I have no definite diagnosis, all I want you to know is that I’m sorry and it had nothing to do with you. You were an excellent girl friend, any man would be lucky to be with you, even if it’s my brother” He said mocking her. “That’s what I wanted to let you know.” he turned and started to walk towards the door.
 He was being genuine and she felt his sincerity. He had a problem and making him an outcast wasn’t going to help him fight his ‘curse’. “David” she called meeting him at the front door.
 “Yea”
 “Did you really come all the way here just to tell me that?”
 “Yes Isabella, I know you might not believe me, and I could understand why. I was a jerk and I know that. I don’t want to hurt the next girl a fall in love with, that’s why I’m trying to change.”
 “David would you like to stay for dinner?”
 “Are you sure?” surprised by the unforeseen question
 She smiled at him “yes I’m sure.”
 “why?” he asked
 “I think you have some more sucking up to do.” She said jokingly
 “Well in that case I’d love to.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More