See What I've been tweeting

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chapter 2, Part 1: Unexpected Guest.

 “What the hell are you doing here?” Isabella shouted furiously. Shannon excused herself, she sensed that the obviously unexpected visitor did not please her boss. And in fact, she was displeased. Mathew Nelson, her ex-boyfriend’s brother was definitely not on the list of persons she wanted to see.
 “Wow, no need to be so hostile, I was just in the area and I thought that I’d drop by and pay my sister-in-law to be a visit.” Matt said. Pay a visit to my sister-in-law to be? Isabella thought about what he said for a while. Was he being mischievous or did he not know about the breakup? Oh please! He must know, she continued, David is too close to his brother to be keeping secrets from him.
 “Look Matt I’m not in the mood for your impish and childish behavior, please leave!” she shouted.
 “What games are you talking about Bella?” Matt had adopted Laura’s habit of calling her Bella.
 “Don’t play dumb and don’t call me Bella, why are you here, did your brother send you?”
 “Like I said before Bella,” He boldly repeated. “I was in the area and so I thought I’d stop by and pay you a visit. By the way, why did you react so negatively when I called you my sister-in-law? What’s wrong with you?” Didn’t he know that she broke up with his brother?
 “Tell me something,” Bella ordered, “When was the last time you spoke with David?”
 “On Saturday, why?”
 “I just find it strange that you and your brother are so close yet you stand here acting as if you don’t know”
 “Know what?”
 “That your brother and I are no longer.” Bella dropped it just like that.
 “What? why?”
 “Because I caught him having sex with a woman in my bed!” Isabella bellowed, tears filling her eyes.
Matt stood dumbfounded staring at her. He seriously did not know. He watched the tears build up in her eyes.
She loved David and he knew that, he was upset with his brother for hurting her so much, he thought his brother had given up his bachelor ways and was ready to settle down with one person and start a family. “I’m sorry” was all he could say before he pulled her in his arms. She pushed him off, she really needed the comfort but not from her ex-boyfriend’s brother. She knew she was very vulnerable at this point and couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if she continued to let him hug her.
 “I can’t do this, please leave,” she said trying to hold back the tears. He came closer as if trying to comfort her again.
 “Just leave!” Isabella shouted. Mathew’s piercing grey eyes surveyed her as if he was trying to sooth her pain then he left closing the door behind him. Isabella couldn’t keep in the tears any longer, she had to cry to relieve her pain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More